Today, I’m super excited to learn about laravel for window. Laravel requires PHP 5.3.
Here is the step to install laravel for window.
- Download Composer from: www.getcomposer.org/Composer-Setup.exe
- Enable openssl from all php.ini files.
- Install Composer into the same directory php.exe is located.
- Click on WAMP icon->PHP->PHP Extensions and enable: php_openssl, php_curl, php_socket.
- Click on wamp icon->Apache->Apache Modules and enable ssl_module
- To check composer installed properly or not. please open command prompt and type ‘composer’.
- type ‘cd /’ to get root c:\ drive
- Change into the directory where you extracted Laravel ex: C:\wamp\www
- type : ‘composer create-project laravel/laravel –prefer-dist’ to create new project
- Let it go to download laravel to this directory.it will download all dependencies.
- type ’cd laravel’
- type ‘php artisan serve’ for if you don’t have set up web server and want to run the application.
- Copy of the URL which you see in the command prompt example: http://localhost:8000.
Useful link for composer: http://www.tisuchi.com/how-to-install-composer-in-windows/
Install sublime text editor to view the code. Useful link : http://www.sublimetext.com/