Setting up HTTPS using SSL on window Apache environment
Follow below instructions to install the SSL on Apache.
- Ensure port 443 is open on window
- Click on the Windows Start Button
- Click Windows Firewall
- When the Firewall window opens look the the Advanced settings on the left hand side of the window
- When the Advanced Firewall wondows opens, look again on the left hand side for Inbound Rules
- When the Inbound/Outbound Rules window opens up, Enable rules which having port 443
- Download latest Apache with ssl version (http://www.anindya.com/)
- Copy all certificate files in apache conf folder.In my case my all certificates are “C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf”
- Make sure certificates should have .key and .crt files.if you are thinking to create certificate in here is the link (http://blog.lifebloodnetworks.com/?p=677)
- Find Apache conf file call httpd.conf .
- Make a copy of httpd.conf file and edit the existing one.
- Enable mod_ssl and mod_rewrite module in httpd.conf file
- Add code “Listen port 443” in httpd.conf file
- Add the SSL <Virtualhost> block in httpd.conf file
- Redirect All HTTP traffic to HTTPS.Add below line of code
- Test your Apache config before restarting.
- Restart Apache.
Note : ’SSLEngine On’ command wouldn’t work without adding SSLCertificateFile command.you can not test SSLEngine On command alone without adding certificate. Also, Make sure openssl.exe working correctly.